Thursday, November 30, 2006

And life gets in the way...

I know that I haven't written much lately but that is because sewing has moved so far down on my list of things to do! This is by no means a reflection of my desire to sew or how important sewing is in defining who I am but it is more a reflection of how involved my life has become in other areas.

I use to wonder how people could let "life" prevent them from sewing. Guess if you wonder about something long enough, "life" provides you with an answer! *smile* So now that I have gained understanding, I am trying to fight my way back! I try to do a little something sewing most weekends, but when I compare what I do now to what I was producing just a few months ago, I have to fight hard against discouragement.

At the beginning of the month I received a new shipment of fabrics from my favorite fabric resource, Fabric Mart. I purchased these particular fabrics because they really called to me and I knew exactly what each piece should become. But four weekends later, I have only made a lined straight skirt from the smallest piece in the package. And it took two weeks to accomplish that...something that previously would have taken one Saturday afternoon. And even now after a long weekend, I have only managed to accomplish cutting out a cardigan and sleeveless dress combination. I guess I really shouldn't say only since it is something and getting anything started now is a big deal!

However, I have pledged to myself that I will try to do something sewing related every week because some progress is better than none!

SWAP UPDATE:

I ordered my qualifying fabric purchase from Timmel Fabrics for the SWAP contest. Four metres of a very fine red wool crepe to give the "pop" of color to my black & white theme. Now I just need to come up with a name for my collection. The SWAP officially begins tomorrow!!!!

5 comments:

  1. I think that it's the holidays that haven't helped - I haven't been able to do much sewing myself.

    I can't wait to see your SWAP garments!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean about life getting in the way. I have missed reading your comments so glad you had a moment to post something. Can't wait to see your SWAP come to life.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I fully understand about "life" getting in the way, it is a constant struggle for me the last couple of years, but I am so glad to hear from you and your sewing plans and dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Carolyn I'm so sorry that life has been getting in the way of your sanity. Hope it's not the new job. Glad to see you posted - I was actually getting worried about you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm in the same boat. I've ordered so much fabric lately and haven't sewn a stitch of it. All my time has gone toward holiday stuff. I'm so anxious to get back to my fabrics! I hope to sneak a few hours in this weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails