Tuesday, April 10, 2007

This is the part I hate...

The pictures...I hate taking them! This is one of the few times that I wish I had cute little petite clothes so I could just hang them up and take pictures...where the piece fits nicely into one picture and you can see all of the curves. It is just so much more appealing than when the piece hangs there in folds...and folds...and folds...totally losing the shape...*sigh*

So I am taking pictures at home and I am wearing my SWAP to work and the production guys are taking pictures too and hopefully I will come up with five pictures that magically transform me into a beautiful, thin woman wearing the awesome clothes that I have created! *LOL*

I have to share this story with you...I wore the black Tamoutso dress to work today with my favorite pointy toe black shoes with the 3" heels. I was standing in the kitchen and a co-worker walked by and then came back in to check to see who the new girl was...she said that I didn't look like myself! Ha! That was the black fabric erasing 10 lbs. *LOL* But the dress is a winner! I got compliments from everyone today on it, and quite a few "I can't believe you made it's"...so win, lose or draw...I have already won because these garments have given my wardrobe the corporate polish that I desired.

Here's a picture of the entire grouping....



And I know what I am going to make next - a jacket and skirt in a blue/white spring colored knit from Emmaonesock...then its American Girl doll clothes!

Congratulations to all those who started SWAP, those who didn't finish and to those who did finish and who now have eleven new pieces!

15 comments:

  1. Carolyn,
    Everything looks great! What a fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your picture looks like a rack in a designers work room! This is a very nice grouping - you are bound to get alot more compliments, so be prepared,

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great collection! Congratulations on finishing and on the compliments!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with Shannon - looks like a designer's collection. Will you design one for me? Congrats on finishing. Can't wait to see the final photos!!! g

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm kind of late to this, but what is SWAP?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice collection. Everything looks beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yoy did a wonderful set of matching garments! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your collection is wonderful - professional, polished, but still "you". My fav piece is the reversible dress.

    Good luck on the doll clothes. I think I've exceeded my quota on those for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congratulations on completing your SWAP, but then we all knew you would. They look great! Like Summerset, I really love that reversible dress!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautifull set you made!
    wow my compliments..

    ReplyDelete
  11. For those wondering, SWAP - Sewing with a Plan - 11 garments that have to be made to coordinate with one another...

    ReplyDelete
  12. Congratulations on completing your SWAP! I think you deserve a promotion too!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the colors in your SWAP and the garment look really classic and business-like. The purple/gray print looks like it will be fun to wear for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sewing With A Plan. I like that. Thanks for explaining, Carolyn.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails