Saturday, September 29, 2007

Timmel SWAP Contest Rules Are UP!

Just a quick note...the rules for the Timmel 2008 SWAP Contest are up! You can read them here! Most interesting thing to me is this year's twist:

2008 Twist
Three garments must be made from one "wardrobe" pattern. You must make three uniquely different garments from that pattern; making one type of garment three times will not qualify. These patterns are available from all the major pattern companies and they usually include a jacket, dress and/or skirt, pants, blouse or top. For our purposes, any pattern with at least three different garments that work together will be counted as a "wardrobe" pattern. The patterns labelled "wardrobe patterns" often have 4 or 5 garments in them; but as long as the pattern has three different garments, it will qualify. The purpose of this year's rule is to encourage making the best use of a pattern; in other words, work it for what it is worth. The other 8 garments can come from any other pattern or patterns or be self-drafted.

And dresses are allowed:

This year is back to one type of SWAP. This consists of 11 garments, 4 bottoms (skirts and/or pants), 6 tops (2 should be more like blouses than just tees), and 1 jacket that will work with all the tops and bottoms. This gives you a total of 48 possible combinations. However, you can substitute a dress or dresses for two of the tops if you wish. Therefore, your SWAP can be 1 jacket, 4 bottoms, 4 tops, 2 dresses or it can be 1 jacket, 4 bottoms, 5 tops and 1 dress. The jacket must work with all combinations. In the case of a jumper, this would count as a "bottom" item, in that it must work with all the tops and it must also be able to be worn with the jacket. A vest is counted as a jacket since it is usually worn over a top. If it can be worn solo, count it as a top.

I'm all aflutter! I thought I wasn't going to participate in SWAP this year but now I don't know...If you have never participated in a SWAP, you should think about it. Julie's SWAP contest gives you plenty of time to plan and with a $25 qualifying purchase, you too can make an amazing wardrobe. Think about it because it is so much fun!

Back to sewing!

3 comments:

  1. I read the first paragraph and immediately screamed I WANT IN!! then read the rest - a total of 11 garments... I'll wait til I polish up my skills..lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a great contest!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I get sew inspired when I read your posts and see your coordinated outfits and I think I might want to do the SWAP this year.....I don't know, I don't know, I don't know. I'm not nearly on the same caliber of sewing talent as the rest of you SWAPpers, but I'm going to need a new, more professional work wardrobe beginning Jan. 1

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails