Friday, September 05, 2008

What's Up with Burda?

So I stop by the newsstand on the way to the subway hoping that the September BWOF is in stock...and joy amongst joy it is! I've been so busy the last few weeks that I haven't had a chance to catch the preview of the issue...so boy am I surprised by the plus size selection...I mean I can usually find something that peaks my interest and make me sit up and take notice...then find a Big 4 pattern to make it work, *LOL*, but this issue is full of amazing plus size garments that I want to sew NOW...from the magazine!

But what is UP with Burda and the dresses for plus size women!?! Can I give a whoo-hoo and a high five to them for this lovely number in the September issue:


























I was already doing the unthinkable and contemplating making a dress from the Burda Plus Size Magazine...cause the wonderful little number below is causing me to lose sleep...and you know it's bad when you've already worked the sewing sequence out in your head! *LOL*

























Isn't that just the kewlest dress...and in a plus size pattern! Be still my beating heart!!!

Yeah, I'm really feeling the Burda love...and I will have to make up one of these beauties and soon! So can you believe, this month's issues of Burda World of Fashion and Burda Plus have moved from fashion magazines to sewing magazines...I think I felt the earth shift! rotflol!

20 comments:

  1. I'll bet you could set up a sew along for that Burda WOF dress; it's on MY list of 'to do's' also. There also seem to be more sizes above 42 in the other styles as well; I can't figure out why they choose the ones they do for that, but I'm seeing not only 44s but also the occasional 46. But that dress is definitely on my fall sewing list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the BWOF dress - there are always a few plus patterns that I wish they did in my size, but most of the time I can't be bothered to grade them down. This one, on the other hand, wouldn't take a world of effort and the result would be worth it.

    Love the dress from the Plus issue, too - my store doesn't sell that magazine so I don't get to look at it, but that dress is seriously cute.

    And I think you need to make both of them. Just my opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this dress also. It is on my Fall list, now to decide which fabric to use. Oh my, decisions, decisions! I can't wait to see yours...HAPPY SEWING!

    PS-I love your blog

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL!!! Great post. Ah yes, nothing like the first rush of pattern love, is there?

    ReplyDelete
  5. ooop you get Burda at the newsstand???!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. sorry, that was "ooo". damn pinky.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Me too, love that dress from the September issue. I may grade it down too (though I won't have to go very far!).

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree, and am working on #135, the knit dress from this month's BWOF. It's a really nice pattern, but watch the neckline, I had to fudge a bit to get it to be a little closer to the body.

    I'd really like to see the shirtwaister made up, hint, hint.

    I'm feeling love for your new lace skirt, it is really pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gotcha hooked! Now, we're reeling you in! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this dress and a lot of the plus sized issue, which I previewed on line, are gorgeous. They have the style that most plus sized sewers bemoan ever finding.
    If I needed dresses in my wardrobe I'd definitely grade this one down.

    ReplyDelete
  11. You're about to go down a slippery slope! Once you start with Burda, you're hooked!!! I have issues going back to 2000. You'll be so delighted at the drafting. The pieces always fit together perfectly, even if your tracing is a bit off. I'm sure you'll find some new awesome TNT patterns. I grade the plus size down a bit, because sometimes I like the plus size offering better than the misses sized offerings. I can't wait to see your new dresses!

    ReplyDelete
  12. All these glowing recommendations for Burda.......must not buy more patterns.........must use what I have..........oh noes.........won't power failing.........

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL. You're about to get sucked in again. I actually like a lot of the plus size BWOF patterns, but I'm too lazy to grade down enough sizes to get it to fit.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm insanely jealous! I love both of those dresses. I can't find WOF locally - they carry like 3 copies in one store downtown and they are sold within 15 minutes of putting them out!

    I really like that the second dress it's wonderful! g

    ReplyDelete
  15. When you find what you were already dreaming of, isn't life a beautiful thing?

    ReplyDelete
  16. Carolyn, it's simple; I think they have been reading your blog!!! Between your vintage patterns and Burda, you are going to be busy!!
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oooh, i love both of them. and with your great taste and style you'll make something really special of it.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Glad to know I'm not the only one who can sew an entire project sequentially in my brain before I open the pattern! lol. Great picks as always! Can't wait to see them done.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I've always liked some of the plus size models in BWOF! Those dresses are realy FAB!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails