Friday, March 12, 2010

Changing my SWAP

...not the name...I'm still calling it "Midnight at the Oasis"...no I'm changing the option.  I'm seriously losing interest in the first version that I was creating and am in danger of not finishing it at all.  So after a week of deliberation, I've decided to go with the dress option.  Because seriously that's the option I should have been creating anyway! 

Here is the original option I chose:

Option #2:
2 dresses - single pieces consisting of top and bottom that can be worn alone.
6 tops - t-shirts, shirts, blouses, or camisoles
2 bottoms - jeans, pants, shorts, skirts or kilts.
1 your choice (not an accessory) 

Here is the option that I'm now going to use:

Option #3:
5 dresses -single pieces consisting of top and bottom that can be worn alone.
4 tops - t-shirts, shirts, blouses, or camisoles
1 bottom - jeans, pants, shorts, skirt or kilt.
1 your choice (not an accessory) 

I've still got quite a few garments to make but at least now I can plan garments that I actually want to sew.  Have to figure out what the three new dresses will be because I do want to continue using new patterns and not relying on just my TNT patterns for garments. 

I still have to incorporate these features:

1 will be a matched print or stripe.
1 will feature embroidery, beads or sashiko
1 will have buttons as the star feature OR use unusual or alternative closure(s). 

And now I only have to make 4 tops instead of 6 which helps because tops are not my strong suit.  I normally purchase tops...too busy making dresses, skirts and pants that I like instead of something that I usually can find in RTW. 

So here is a pic of where I'm at right now:

Jacket Vogue 8623; Pants from TNT pants pattern

Sorry the picture is so dark...however, it has shown me something...I do need to lighten this set up considerably ~ its looking a little dark and dreary!  I'm feeling like I'm on the right track now because I really don't want to drop out of SWAP.  I hate leaving things unfinished. 

...as always, more later!

8 comments:

  1. Carolyn, the dresses you make are always so pretty, I'm glad to see you going back to something you love and do so very well. I think it will definitely reignite your excitement for this project.

    If you're looking to add a little umph to the color palatte, can I suggest a spring green, a bright orange or a fuschia? Those colors work so well with navy, really brighten things up and I think they would work well with your skin tone. Just my 2 cents. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, you are a dress person, good choice.
    I like how you are changing it up- it will be a race to the finish :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The dress option is very attractive, dresses are already an outfit!
    I am trying not to think about this option though, as SWAP for me is a tool to encourage myself to sew things I don't gravitate to naturally (which would be dresses). I will enjoy your dresses though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You make beautiful dresses all the time....so rock on with what you love to do....wink

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are off to a flying start! I can't wait to see your embellished garment. Embellishment seems popular right now and you could be my inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I am happy to see that there will be more dresses. You make the nicest dresses.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That makes complete sense, dresses seem to be your forte and lets face it they make getting dressed so easy! Good luck with finishing the SWAP!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm not suprised that you changed your mind because you really are a dress girl. :) Looking forward to seeing some killer dresses.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails