Wednesday, May 09, 2012

The Big Show...

My main reason for going to Chicago was the Haute Couture Fashion Show presented by the Haute Couture Club of Chicago.  I was invited to go last year but prior engagements made it difficult for me to attend. After seeing the pics and hearing the tales, I decided that I HAD to be there this year!  


You know how you go somewhere and there is so much anticipation built into it that when you get there and experience it you're disappointed.  Well that was definitely not the case this time!  It was an amazing fashion show and I was sooooo impressed that so many sewists were willing to walk the catwalk in the garments that they had dreamed up and brought to life in front of more than 400 folks!  Kudos to you all!


The Ticket

The Program

The Women at my Table


Linda & Liana

Rhonda Buss starting the show!

So I'm a good sewist but a lousy photographer.  Every time Cennetta paused in front of our table I tried to take a picture...every time I either got the back of her or the side of her...this was the best pic of the lot...sad right?!  But do you recognize the coat?  It was even more stunning from the front!  



Now Ann of Gorgeous Things took some awesome pictures.  Hopefully, she will share them with us soon!  I had a fabulous time with the ladies, at Vogue Fabrics but most especially at the Fashion Show!  If you get the opportunity to attend, you really should, it is a pretty astounding experience for a sewist!


A parting shot courtesy of Linda...that's my Mom in the corner who put up with a lot of fabric shopping and fabric talk last weekend!


(Me paying for fabric, Liana, Ann & my Mom!)


I've got so much more to show you.  I cut some things out when I got home Monday evening.  I have two pieces finished from the Ten Yard Adventure Wardrobe and a plan...just alot more stuff...so stay tuned!


...as always more later!





17 comments:

  1. Sounds like you have a great time. It certainly looked like a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lucky you! I am glad it lived up to expectations for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If only I lived in the States. It sounds like an awesome event. I'm glad you had such a great time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like such fun . . . sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gosh I am so jealous, I never see anything like this in the UK - it looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an absolutely marvellous event!! Wonderful that you got the chance to get there this year... I'm envious :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so sorry I had to cancel my plans to attend, but thanks so much for sharing your photos! It looks like you guys had a great time!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Same comment as pdiddly. I don't know if that king of show exists in France. Sure I will talk about it to my club tonight !

    ReplyDelete
  9. How lucky to be able to attend this amazing event!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great time had by all and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm so glad that you got to go and had a great time. I love that your mom went with you. Because even if she doesn't sew - I'm guessing part of your love of fashion came from her. g

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sound like you had your batteries recharged, in the most fun way.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It looks like such a fun time! I loved seeing the photo of you in Vogue Fabrics. I went there last year and wanted to move to Chicago just so I could be close to it. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  14. What fun! It sounds like you had a fabulous time!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for sharing. You have loads of great sewing opportunities in the states. I think I'll have to plan ahead for the next trip!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanks for documenting the fashion show. I don't have any pictures. And sorry about moving so fast. Next time I'll slow down a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  17. How exciting, Carolyn! So glad you got to participate and meet so many people! When I used to go to Sewing Expo, that was my 'fix' for the year to see fabrics and sewing people in person.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails