Friday, March 01, 2013

Really I've Sworn off eBay

Truly I have!  I had to work hard to remember my sign in because it's been that long since I was on the site.  I can find way too much junk to be sent to my house from there.  Lately since I've seen a couple episodes of Hoarders, I'm rethinking how much stuff my home can actually hold!  Egads that show gives me the skivvies...besides the fact that it annoys the hell out of my that they are exploiting people who obviously have mental challenges...but I digress.

So how did I end up on eBay?  I went looking for an out of print Calvin Klein Vogue Pattern.  Now why did I do that?  Because you know I never found the dayum pattern...instead I found 10 patterns!  *sigh* Yeah I know but they were ten of those working women patterns that Vogue did so well in the 90s.  My mind started whirling and before you know it, I'd hit "buy it now"


Well they arrived yesterday and I'm actually kinda thrilled.  I want to sew four of them right away...and I can make them up in spring/summer fabrics which is even better!  I did escape with only those ten so I count myself lucky! *LOL*  Now I've gotta forget that log-in again 'cause I don't want to end up on a future episode of Hoarders...

...as always more later!

12 comments:

  1. Well, silly you! Why didn't you post the pattern you were looking for? Maybe one of your followers has it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carolyn, That is funny..When I see the hoarders show..it does me the same way.. I tell myself, NO more fabric or patterns.lol
    SO proud you found the pattern you were searching for.. and isn't it fun when the mail brings those ebay purchases to our door? Love it.. but...........I need to loose my log in info too.. I have entired too many deliveries.lol
    Happy sewing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So far I see two I would love to add to my collection. I wonder which one you are planning on doing first?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hoarders is my favorite show. It gives me the creeps too but after watching it I am usually inspired to clean somethingQ

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't resist patterns either. I call them POSSIBILITIES!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know, I said to a coworker the other day "Ebay is SOOooo 2005" in my best valley girl voice. That got a big laugh.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Carolyn I also need to forget my login for PayPal... there's so many great sites to explore and OMG why do those things just happen to end up on our shopping carts... it's like eating biscuits... Once you start you just can't stop LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. There are worse vices in this world of ours. Don't be too hard on yourself :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. my apologies, because I *may* have identified you as a fellow fabric hoarder in a post I just blogged! I agree with the craftytraveller, our hoarding is of the good kind

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't think you have a big worry about being a hoarder - you do use your purchases. Often not right away, but they do get used. And IIRC, you also do a stash purge regularly.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh yeah. ebay. you're forgiven.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can so relate, thats how my pattern and book collection grew so quickly and also how I got to know my mail lady. But Now that I'm out of country I do miss it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails