Saturday, April 06, 2013

Bits of Me...

I've been crazy busy the last couple of weeks so very little sewing has been thought about...usually sewing consumes my waking moments but work and other things have encroached on my precious time.  Several times I've thought about writing a blog post but it's only been small bits, not enough to support a post.  So as an update, I've pulled all the bits together to form this post.

Honestly I don't know if I'll get a chance to sew this weekend.  I was suppose to meet friends today in NYC but since I'm feeling like a truck ran over me, I'm not going to make it which really disappoints me.  I think I'm just going to pull the covers over my head and veg for the weekend...anyway, here are the bits of me!

1.  Remember this dress...



Well I've gotten another idea for it which meant pulling some of the piping off.  So it still sits waiting to be completed.

2.  With one unfinished dress, you would think I would leave well enough alone. Nooooo, I cut out and started to stitch together another version of Vogue 1250. That is also laying unfinished on my sewing table.



3.  Y'all know that I have fabric issues.  Well my issues become more pronounced when I have no opportunities to sew.  Suddenly the call of fabric gets louder, stronger and more demanding.  Yeap, I bought more fabric...the boxes arrived earlier this week...



4.  Have you seen the Great Sewing Bee that just started to air this week in Great Britian?



You should definitely check it out, if you haven't already!  This is what a sewing show should be about.  There's also a great article about it in The Telegraph (thanks Ruth for the heads up!)

5.  I wanted to give a personal thank you to everyone who left a comment on the "A Sewing Machine Story" post.  There are some wonderful sewing stories there and I so appreciate everyone who left a comment.  Later when I can I will give you the back story on how that post came to be.

6.  As I stated in a post last weekend, I did not make the jacket that should have accompanied the MSN Lace Challenge Dress.  I had no desire to sew and even though I had Friday off, it was a very packed family friendly weekend.  So here are a few photos from the weekend...


My sister and I at church

  The grandbabies with coats on headed to church                           


It was a wonderful weekend ~ full of family, church and good food!

7.  On the bus earlier this week, I found this Chinese Fortune left floating on the seat.  I went to remove it and then read it...finally thinking this was so appropriate for me!
"Happiness lies in the joy of 
achievement and the thrill of 
creative effort!"

8.  One of the things that happened during my family friendly Easter weekend, was that I met a younger cousin who's just starting to sew.  So we will be going through my fabric collection, via Face Time, so that I can send her some pieces for her to continue her sewing journey.  Honestly, I love encouraging others to sew...gotta keep our artform growing...one sewist at a time!

I don't know if I'll sew this weekend since the Musinex couple have moved into my head.  I'm more inspired to head back to bed with my tissues and remote control to watch movies.  I do know that posts may continue to be sparse around here for a minute since I'm still in the throes of work projects. I need to find a new work/life balance. 

...as always more later!





34 comments:

  1. Your grandbabies are soooo cute.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute kiddoes! Hope you get well soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful pictures from Easter weekend, your grandchildren are darling. Hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that you feel much better; and kick that couple dancing on your chest to the curb! Hang in there, we miss you as much as you miss sewing when we can't check in with you! Thanks for sharing your sewing life with us! Oh, and your grands are cute as can be! :)
    Well; not as cute as mine... but that is a grandma thing isn't it? LoL...
    Hugs though and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, feel better soon, lady! Looking forward to seeing a houndstooth Vogue 1250-- great idea! Your grandkids are SO CUTE. It's ridiculous! They have the sweetest faces. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have a good rest and feel better. I loved the pictures from your Easter weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can so relate! DH was out of town all week, but did I sew? Not a bit--I had terrible hayfever all week so the best I could do was a bit of Armchair Sewing.

    And I still have income taxes to do. Ah well, at least the office is looking somewhat organized as a result of that.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Seeing your grandchildren makes me jealous that yours are so close! They are just adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly. Sometimes the best remedy is a day on the couch. Sit back and relax.

    Your dress is looking great and love the fabric you have purchased. Nothing like a fabric delivery to make one feel a bit better.

    Take it easy and take care.

    Gorgeous kids BTW - they look so sweet dressed up for church.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Aww your grandbabies are cute. Hope you feel better soon. When you feel like that there is just no point trying to sew...have a break and come back refreshed!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your pretty smile runs in the family, that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hope you feel better soon! I am suferrering a cold at the moment too. Why do they exist? Loved Ann on the Sewing Bee which I watched yesterday. You looked great in your lace dress!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glad to see you are alike, however I'm sorry to hear that you are sick and missing sewing meet ups. Boo!

    Your grandkids are darling.

    Oh and I totally used you as a person who has encouraged me to step outside my comfort zone during training this past week. Thank you. g

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love your Easter pictures. Hope you feel better. It must be something going around because I've been sick for two weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love your posts. So sorry you are not feeling well. Hope the cold/flu clears up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sorry that you couldn't meet up with Elizabeth and Claudine! WOW, your grandkids were ADORABLE on Easter!!

    Feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you for writing about the Great British Sewing Bee. I've been able to watch the first episode on YouTube.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I hope that you feel better soon Carolyn. Your grandchildren are very cute. It is really interesting to see how people in the US sewing blogs have picked up on the Great British Sewing Bee. It has had a good reception here too and someone at my work asked me about bias binding! Now there are words I never expected to write.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow those kids are too cute, what a blessing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you have the "crud"; it will zap your energy. I know we will be seeing some new creations in the near future.

    I too bought more fabric and really have to go on a fabric diet now!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I really enjoyed the SewingB bee video. Thank you sharing. Feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  23. The Musinex couple...LOL They sure do get around! Bad winter, I guess.

    Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your blog! I was beginning to get worried if something was wrong. I noticed yesterday you had posted somewhere and was relieved! Then I was miffed you had not posted in a week!:) Just kidding!Hope you are feeling better soon! ~Valerie

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh Carolyn, those grand babies are precious!!!! I know how you feel about loving to see new sewists just beginning their love affair with a sewing machine and fabrics. The sewing Group I mentor are so impressed with my patience with them. They just don't have any way of knowing just how thrilled I am to be able to share my love of sewing with them and hope that at least one of them becomes as addicted to it as I am. Thank you for sharing so much of your love with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Hope you feel better soon! Thanks for posting about the Sewing Bee. I had never heard of it and watched the Youtube link you posted..I love the show!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thank you so much for linking the show! I really wanted to check it out after your last comment but for some reason, namely ineptitude, I was having a hard time finding it. What a great show! And what a beautiful family you have as well!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Hi, Carolyn. I certainly can relate to the dilemma of too much fabric and too little time. One thing I learned to balance my love for sewing and the desire to feed my sewing spirit with life's responsibilities is to do a little bit each day. I'm not sure if it's still on the market, but check out the tips in Nancy Zieman's 10-20-30 Minutes to Sew. This book came into my life many years ago, and its lessons have been part of my normal routine ever since.

    ReplyDelete
  29. that fortune is wonderful! i would carry it around with me in all the craziness...

    ReplyDelete
  30. Hurry & get well. In the meantime- feet up, head back, a magazine resting on your chest, and your mouth open in a great snore... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Hope your feeling better.
    Thank you for posting the you tube of the sewing bee.. I really enjoyed watching it.. Hope you post the next ones too.. SO fun..

    ReplyDelete
  32. Thanks so much for sharing the "Sewing Bee" with us. I watched almost the whole hour of the show and throughly enjoyed it!
    Thanks again Carolyn.
    Loved looking at your Easter Family Pictures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hope you are feeling better Carolyn - you're missed out here in the blogosphere!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Great pix of the family!!!
    Thanks for the tip about the Great British Sewing Bee!!! I don't get the channel but I was able to view the two episodes on YouTube. What a great show. I hate Project Runway. Too much drama.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails