Friday, April 19, 2013

I'm a Talbots Woman - Part Two

I love dresses.  I'm sure everyone knows this because if you've read my blog for any length of time, you see more dresses here than anything else.  The other day at work I was wearing this version of Butterick 5147 and I realized that I'm most comfortable and look most professional in this combination.  Because of that I will continue to make more of these outfits especially since its now spring.




This email showed up in my mailbox the other day and of course I went to Talbot's site to wallow in the goodness.  Three of my favorite dresses from last summer are "The Peyton Dresses" which were inspired by a dress from Talbot's.

Now I'm intrigued by the ponte short sleeve sheath dress pictured below.  I know I'm not a pocket girl but this is such a cute, practical dress that I'm thinking I need a couple. I have quite a bit of ponte on hand in several colors ~ including yellow ~ and this would make a great work dress.



The dress appears to be simple but it has such interesting details.  The v-neck with the neckline detailing, the pockets with the slot seams, the bold buttons and the cute short sleeves all make it a versatile dress ~ great for work and church.  Of course, I will start with my TNT dress pattern, with a few pattern pieces from other garments to get my own version of this dress.

I don't even have to pull fabric from the shelves for this...it's all laying around the sewing cave just waiting to be made into new spring dresses.  So when I finish up my Mood garment, I'm going to make a couple of these.


Yellow, emerald, burgundy and pink ponte knits

I've decided to call this summer's sewing "Fun In The Sun Summertime Dressing." I can't wait to add several of these dresses to the collection!

...as always more later!






12 comments:

  1. That dress is going to look terrific on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely classic dress. And yellow does seem fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the colours of that Ponte. Will look great made into that pattern.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oooh! Exciting! I love to see your plans coming together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great choice! I bought one of the Talbot's ponte dresses last spring when it went on sale. I love it! Mine also had great details, big silver buttons and pocket flaps. I went out and bought ponte to copy it. Knit dresses, even the more fitted styles are so comfortable to wear. Can't wait to see what you come up with.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I sooo love Talbots too! While I'm not a dress girl, I think the bottom half of that dress would make a darling skirt. I also really like the paisley cardigan jacket and the pleat neck top. So many cool things to look at!

    I'm sure whatever you make will look fabulous on you.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Talbots too. It's a great source of inspiration. What I want to know is where you find the great pontes? I want some ::pout:: g

    ReplyDelete
  8. Those are some great fabrics! I'm sure they will make some great dresses! I love, love, love wearing and working with knits! They are so comfortable too! I just purchased a bunch from Michael Levine's my new favorite fabric store!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Even though we have different body styles, lifestyles and locations I just love your inspiration posts because I really admire your style and can definitely see myself in the beautiful dresses you make. I'm really looking forward to seeing your take on this one

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am inspired by your inspiration, don't have your eye, but heh I can copy you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that yellow dress! You would look fantastic in that color, too. I must say, you have the most inspiring work dress collection of anyone I know - real life and on the internet.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun spring dress! I love all the special details. Can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails