Thursday, April 18, 2013

Inspiration from a New to me Designer...

I see inspiration everywhere.  And after not much sewing for the last couple of weeks I was thrilled to be inspired by something again.  I found this dress in the April 2013 issue of Bazaar magazine...



I'd never heard of this line before so I hopped on over to the Saks Fifth Avenue site to check out the designer and their line.  I'm not sure if this line is designed by a woman, a man, or a corporation because everything I google comes up with the line but nothing about the designer.  However, can I say that if you like bold colored prints, you will love this line.  You can see it here at Saks Fifth Avenue in regular and plus sizes (love that!), at Bergdorf Goodman and at Farfetch.



This is the fabric I want to use...to which I will add black lace sleeves...



My TNT dress pattern will, of course, be the basis of this new dress.  I know it's loud and colorful, incorporating two of this summer's trends (bold colors/prints and lace), but I love the fact that I can get a two-fer in one garment.  So I'm pretty excited about making this one...look for it soon after I finish up my Mood garment!

...as always more later!







24 comments:

  1. That is a stunning dress. Your version will be another Carolyn Knock-out. I adore the fabric you have chosen. g

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the fabric! I can't wait to see it made up.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fuzzi has something to do with Jean Paul Gaultier, according to Nordstrom. Nordies has several items for sale, but not the beautiful,dress you show. I love your fabric - your dress will be fab!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous fabric! Can't wait to see what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving that fabric. Can't wait to see it transformed into the TNT.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is going to be amazing. I love seeing what you make.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! I cannot not wait to see this one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I have that fabric, so I'm very interested in seeing what you do with yours!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous fabric. Where did you find it?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful fabric. Can I come and shop for fabric at your house?? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for introducing me to a new designer! Your dress will be beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oooh, that is gorgeous! Can't wait to see your version!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am new to sewing can you tell me what TNT means.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That's a gorgeous fabric. Should look fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That fabric is spectacular. I can't wait to see it made up!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oooh! Interesting - and the fabric looks fun. I look forward to seeing this made up!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I love the design and your fabric. I'm looking forward to seeing your version!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You came back with guns blazing!

    Love the fabric. The dress will look fabulous.

    ~Sewjourner

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love your fabric and can not wait to see your version. Thank for sharing the site, I'll check it out and maybe get some inspirations too:)

    ReplyDelete
  20. you will look gorgeous in this dress and the colors you have chosen will be great on you cannot wait to see finished product.

    ReplyDelete
  21. I love seeing all your creations! Could you give some pointers regarding ponte knits? What fiber blends, where are good sources of them? I see ponte knit dresses in stores like Macy's but I haven't been able to find the dress weight fabrics anywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I've never heard of them either. But they seem to have been inspired by Peter Pilotti for that design. Your fabric is great!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That fabric is SO freaking amazing! You are going to do this up big time, Carolyn...can't wait to see!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by and leaving a comment! It is so appreciated!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails