Now, the back pattern piece alterations...
- I used the same starting point for the back pattern pieces as I did for the front dress pieces...my back TNT pattern piece.
- I pinned the new Vogue pattern pieces to my TNT back pattern piece to determine where I needed to add space to make the dress fit me.
- So I pin the pieces on and notice that I don't have a side back piece. WTF? I check the pattern instruction to see if maybe I forgot to cut a pattern piece out. Nah, I cut them all out!
- So I read the pattern instructions maybe I'm missing something. Nope.
- Start looking at all the pieces again and realize that the front piece is also suppose to work for the back.
- Personally I hate that so I start to draft a new piece but then notice that that after making changes to the center back piece, that the side piece does work for the back too.
- Now I don't know how well this is going to work on my body...but we're going to see!
Back TNT pattern piece with Vogue pieces attached
Center back bodice piece with 1" alteration
Back side bodice with 1" alteration
Center back yoke with 3" alterations
Skirt back center back with alterations to adjust for fit
After reading Beth's comment on the last post, I did make a change to the front and back underarm to add some space. I also added some space to the sleeve pattern which I altered using my TNT pattern...we will see how that works out!
Next up is cutting out and construction. As I stated before, this is taking longer to get finished because I'm working on it in real time instead of over a sewcation. Also June has been a bit busy for me!
...as always more later!